Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Desmos Calculator Art

In order to get cool calculator art u first must go to desmos.com, click launch calculator, then in the top right hand corner click the wrench and change it to polar graph from Cartesian graph.
In order to get this polar graph art I graphed r=asinbtheta, then select the a and b sliders and move the a slider to 4.8, then the b slider to -1.7.
Now I created my own art using the polar graph in desmos. I graphed r=2sin2theta, r=5sin2theta, r=8sin2theta, r=10sin2theta, r=2cos2theta, r=5cos2theta, r=8cos2theta, r=10cos2theta, r=-5theta, r=5theta. This is how I created this polar graph art using desmos calculator. I liked how we used polar graphs in a fun way to make our own art and math more fun! I was excited to explore the possibilities of what I could do with the functions and what they would graph because you would not know what might come up on the polar graph it could be a weird swirl or something extraordinarily cool looking. I had a lot of fun exploring my options and what I could create using the desmos calculator.  

No comments:

Post a Comment